We here at Blue Bat Pigs believe in responsible breeding. Because of this, we have compiled a list of questions YOU should be asking YOUR potential breeder.
Taken from the AKC’s Questions To Ask Your Potential Breeder:
- If you are interested in a puppy or puppies, you need to ask to see and meet the parents.
- Ask to make sure health tests have been performed on the parents.
- Ask your breeder how long they have bred and what experience do they possess of the breed they are breeding.
- Do your breeders socialize their puppies?
- How about vaccinations, are they up to date?
- Does the breeder offer a health guarantee and a contract?
- What will the timeline be from picking out your new puppy to when you will be able to take it home?
- What if there are problems? How can you contact your breeder?
- Of potential owners, what are the breeders themselves looking for in a potential owner?
- What types of testing is done prior to the breeding of the sire and the dam?
- What types of heath screenings are done to promote responsible breeding to ensure you are receiving a healthy and happy pet?
The above questions will help you to not only get the best possible puppy but it will provide you peace of mind, information and finally a long lasting relationship with the breeder.
Want to find out more about Blue Bat Pigs? Sign up for our emails below!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.