We here at Blue Bat Pigs believe in responsible breeding. Because of this, we have compiled a list of questions YOU should be asking YOUR potential breeder.
Taken from the AKC’s Questions To Ask Your Potential Breeder:
- If you are interested in a puppy or puppies, you need to ask to see and meet the parents.
- Ask to make sure health tests have been performed on the parents.
- Ask your breeder how long they have bred and what experience do they possess of the breed they are breeding.
- Do your breeders socialize their puppies?
- How about vaccinations, are they up to date?
- Does the breeder offer a health guarantee and a contract?
- What will the timeline be from picking out your new puppy to when you will be able to take it home?
- What if there are problems? How can you contact your breeder?
- Of potential owners, what are the breeders themselves looking for in a potential owner?
The above questions will help you to not only get the best possible puppy but it will provide you peace of mind, information and finally a long lasting relationship with the breeder.
Want to find out more about Blue Bat Pigs? Sign up for our emails below!